Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lovett's alleged victim tells court

St Kilda player Jason Gram today told Lovett's rape trial that he and his housemate Sam Fisher, another Saint, confronted Lovett after the alleged sex assault.

It is alleged Lovett raped a model on Gram's bed after she and a female friend and the two footballers returned to Gram and Fisher's apartment after a night of drinking at a hotel.

The jury was told Fisher arrived home after the alleged assault to find the woman crying.

In evidence, Gram said he followed the distraught woman outside. ''(She) was still crying so I pretty much just grabbed her and said, `What's going on? What's wrong? What happened'?'' Gram told the jury.

''And that's when she said, I said who and then she said, `The dark guy'.''

A shocked Gram informed Lovett of the accusation. ''He just didn't believe me,'' Gram told the court. ''He said, `What, are you serious? This is bull----', and he kind of collapsed on the ground and he was in tears.''

Gram admitted Lovett was called a 'dog.It was either me or Sam, I can't remember,'' Gram told the court. ''He (Lovett) just said he didn't do it. He wouldn't do that.''

The alleged victim and her female friend met Lovett and Gram at the Royal Saxon Hotel on the night of December 23, 2009.
Admitting her memory was patchy, she told the court she could not remember the cab ride to Gram's Port Melbourne apartment, but recalled being put to bed to sober up by Gram and her friend.
Prosecutor Michael Tovey QC told the court Gram will testify he stayed in the room with her for a time, something she does not remember.
She recalled her friend trying to wake her, but said she could not move and drifted back to sleep.

"Then I remember feeling someone on top of me, and I thought I was dreaming it, or imagining it, [because] I was so in and out," she testified.

"Then, I remember realising that someone was having sex, and I scrambled away, and said no, grabbed my phone, and I texted for help."
She told the court she clearly saw Andrew Lovett's face, and he did not stop having sex with her after she said "no" and squirmed away.

The court heard the woman then fled to the bathroom and remembers Lovett asking her if she was okay.
She was later found collapsed by the entrance to the apartment.
"I remember seeing a door and I was confused and scared and I just fell on the ground into a heap and started crying my eyes out," she said.
She then ran from the building.
"I was in absolute shock, and horrified, and still drunk and confused," she testified.

Under cross-examination she was asked by Lovett's defence lawyer, David Grace QC, if she had dressed up that night to make herself look attractive.
"I always take pride in the way I look, so yes," she replied.
She said she did not go out purposely to meet men, and had not known Reiwoldt, Gram and Lovett were footballers at the time.
Lovett has pleaded not guilty to two counts of rape.

No comments:

Post a Comment