Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Libby Trickett confident of improvement

“I’m through comfortably to the semi-final in the fastest time that I’ve done in my comeback, the first time under the minute since I’ve come back,” said Trickett.



“To do that in a heat is exciting and hopefully with a little more rest and recovery ansd freshness I can go faster tonight.”


Trickett in the past has always either had to psyche herself up or calm herself down before but for this meet she is taking an entirely different approach.


“I’m aware of how to get my body ready and my body knows how to get me ready to race so I’m sort of letting it do its thing which I’ve never done before,” she said.


“I’m sort of just letting things happen naturally which sounds a little peculiar but after this long in the sport if you can’t just let things happen a bit more than you’re probably doing the wrong thing.”


Coutts , the five-times gold medallist at the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games, took the opportunity of the heat swim to test a new Arena swim suit. The suit only arrived two days ago and while she would not normally use such an important race as a trial run, she decided it was far safer to experiment in the heats rather than in the semis or final.


“I haven’t decided,” said Coutts, when asked if she would use it at the business end of proceedings. I’m just going in there to see what I can do, do some pb’s and secure some spots in the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment