Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Delta Goodrem speaks about her relationships with Brian McFadden

 It stops the tell-all books, magazine deals and talk show interviews which so often expose the sordid sex lives and secrets of the rich and famous.

But as the slanging match between former lovers Brian McFadden and Delta Goodrem continues over her breach of a contract, it prompts the question: Just how common are these couple agreements, and are they legally binding?

McFadden took to Twitter this week to condemn his ex-fiancee's decision to open up about the pair's seven-year relationship to the media despite signing a non-disclosure agreement.

"Do I wish that it ended earlier? Yes. Do I wish I had the courage to leave earlier? Yes, I do. I think what we came to is that we were very different people - extremely different people," Goodrem told 60 Minutes last week.

Despite the agreement, McFadden said he wouldn't sue. "I'm not considering legal action. I also wouldn't stoop as low as her," McFadden wrote on the social networking site.

As more and more couples face the reality of divorce, the concept of signing relationship agreements before saying "I do" seems practical, but for stars whose reputations and hefty bank accounts are involved, it is a no-brainer.

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise have one while UK tabloid golden boy Peter Andre, whose highly-publicised marriage to Katie Price ended in 2009 after five years, revealed he now asks all the women he dates to sign agreements.

"I don't agree with super-injunctions but I do think it's OK to ask someone to sign a confidentiality agreement when you start seeing them," he told a magazine.

The lyrics in part are: I won't look back tonight because this is the time in my life, underneath these stars, I'm dancing with a broken heart. You've got to fight fire with fire, the truth to a liar, I'm going higher, dancing with a broken heart.

Goodrem and McFadden are understood to have signed a confidentiality agreement when they split after seven years last April.

"I didn't know how to leave and a couple of years go by and it was putting me in a space I didn't want to be and didn't want to be associated (with) - and I find it a little embarrassing even now," she has told Australian Vogue.

"People can be very different to what you think and have very different worlds to what you are aware of and I'm just really happy to be back where I should be."

Meanwhile Goodrem's fourth album is expected to finally be released in August.

However the actual make up of the album is yet to be finalised with Sony confirming Goodrem is still writing and recording songs for the project, for which she says she has already written 70 tracks.

Producers Gary Clark and Vince Pizzinga have flown into Sydney to polish up her next single release which is due to go to radio in a matter of weeks.

Sources say branding experts have been consulted on how to turn around the wave of negative opinion being directed towards Brand Delta, although Sony denied this was the case yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment