Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Friday, June 17, 2016

Mayor of Coffs Harbour

The Coffs Coast is a place very close to my heart, one in which my children grew up, I want to
see it grow and thrive for the children of the future.
I have lived in Sawtell with my husband Christopher for the past 32 years and am the mother of three children - Katherine, David and Amy - and the proud grandmother of two fantastic grandchildren. 

I am a Registered Nurse by profession and have worked both in the Emergency Department of  the Coffs Harbour Health Campus and, more recently, at Baringa Hospital.  
I am actively involved in current health issues, local theatre and many fund-raisers for the community.  You might say I am a bit of an all-rounder as I’m  interested in sport and promoting tourism in this wonderful area.  I work for the community by providing a different dimension to Council.

During my term, Council has achieved many of mine and the community’s  goals.  These include building a long-awaited state-of-the-art skate park, a revitalised boat ramp and a popular coastal walk. The transformation of the Jetty Foreshores is well underway while renewal of the  City Centre has begun, as well as many other projects of which I am passionate.  I am still working towards getting an entertainment centre up and running, which I hope will including a new library and art gallery.

The City of Coffs Harbour (Also known as Coffs Harbour City Council) is a local government area in the Mid North Coast region of New South Wales, Australia. The area under administration is 1,175 square kilometres (454 sq mi), expanded in 2004 to take in parts of the former Pristine Waters local government area.

The administrative seat is located in Coffs Harbour; and the area is adjacent to the Pacific Highway, and the North Coast railway line.

The Mayor of the City of Coffs Harbour is Denise Knight, an independent politician.

No comments:

Post a Comment