Marissa DuBois in Slow Motion Full Fashion Week 2023, Fashion Channel Vlog,

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mayor of Gladstone-Tannum Sands

Today I announce my intention to nominate for the position of Mayor of the Gladstone Regional Council at the Local Government election on 19th March 2016.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my role of Deputy Mayor, but a cross section of the community is asking me to step up and nominate for Mayor.

I believe after almost sixteen years' experience in Local Government, five of those years serving as Deputy Mayor, it's time.

My campaign will be based on the issues that many residents have raised with me.

I won't be campaigning as part of any team, but if elected as Mayor, I will closely and co-operatively work with all Councillors as chosen by the people.

During my time as Councillor and Deputy Mayor, I have always had the best interests of the community at heart, and that will continue should I be elected Mayor of the Gladstone Regional Council.

Gladstone Mayor Matt Burnett.
Gladstone Mayor Matt Burnett.
Brenda Strong
I have been fortunate to have learnt much from the three Mayors with whom I have worked since my election to Council in 2000, and each of them has impacted on my goals for the region in some way.

However, I pledge to provide the Gladstone Region with the change of leadership many residents are now seeking.

Over recent times I have had many pass the comment to me that as a Council we should be doing better.

Those comments have been part of my decision to run for the position of Mayor, and I give my assurance that I am dedicated and determined to deliver for the whole of the Gladstone Region.

Before making my final decision, I sought advice from several long term local identities from every area of the Region.

Each of those people has closely watched the changes in the Region and I greatly value every helpful view and opinion.

I believe the people are best served by all candidates showing respect and value for each other's skills, knowledge and beliefs, and that's what my campaign will reflect.

I have never, and will never participate in a negative, nasty campaign.

Regardless of what may be thrown at me I will remain positive and focussed on my priority goal, which is always striving to better the Gladstone Region.

No comments:

Post a Comment